This DVD about the manual treatment of the cervical spine continues the project that Jean-Pierre Barral has started in teamwork with Alain Croibier with the DVD about the treatment of the shoulder and the DVD about the treatment of the elbow, wrist and hand.
The intention of this new approach is to add a new dimension and a series of new techniques to the many manual approaches that already exist.
This DVD about the manual treatment of the vertebral spine focuses on the lumbar spine and the pelvis. The techniques shown by Jean-Pierre Barral are based on the teamwork with Alain Croibier. The underlying philosophy may be best characterized by Barral’s advice to respect the integrity of the individual organism and to include all the components of the body into a quite detailed mode of evaluation and treatment. The DVD shows a full spectrum of the lumbar spine and the pelvis by demonstrating innovative interventions for:
- the skin and the dorsal nerves
- the facet joints and intervertebral disks of the lumbar spine
- the dorsal (posterior) lumbar ligament
- the disk’s viscoelasticity
- the intertransversal ligaments
- the various ligaments within the lumbar spine and the pelvis
- the lateral ligaments of the sacrococcygeal area
- the first coccygeal nerve
- the lumbar, renal, hemiazygos and azygos vein via the left kidney
- the posturo-emotional connections